Thanks to Emily for suggesting portobello mushrooms as an entree. I saw some at the store today and took a shot at this recipe for Portobello Mushroom Burgers with herbed mayo, spinach and cheese. They were pretty good — maybe a B+. They would have been better on the suggested hard rolls — I had regular hamburger buns on hand.
Have freezer meal, on-the-go breakfasts, or granola bar recipes to share? I’d love to hear about them.
- Took a stab at microwaving yesterday’s frozen Breakfast Casserole Bites. They reheated reasonably well — removing the foil liners was kind of annoying, though.
- The lasagna never made it to the freezer…
- On last week’s goals:
1. Take the baby on at least two walks.5. Clean out the fridge.
2. Try out our cloth diapers, starting Monday afternoon after our newborn class.
3. Serve a veggie with every supper this week.
4. Make a batch of twice-baked potatoes to freeze.
6. Order a smaller garbage bin.
7. Only two trips to the coffee shop this week!
8. Research laundry detergent recipes.