I’ve been trying to spend less time on the computer of late, and more time cleaning my house — the first part of that statement has been more successful than the last.
But here are some recipes we’ve had lately. All were winners.
- Balsamic Lemon Chicken from Everyday Mom’s Meals. YUM. I didn’t marinate this as long as called for, but it was still delicious. Said husband to baby, “Best chicken Mommy’s ever made.” Though that’s not saying much. 🙂 I am planning to make it again for company and will marinate it the full length.
- Cashew Cookie Larabars from 100 Days of Real Food. I have never had a real Larabar, and I’ve never had a medjool date, but I wanted to try it out. My husband ate his fair share of the results, so that’s a positive review. “Cookie” doesn’t seem like a good descriptor, though. Will probably make again, if for no other reason than that I have dates left over.
- Crunchy Peanut Butter Power Balls from Afternoon Popcorn Snack. Said husband of the Larabars above, “I’ll eat anything with peanut butter in it.” Not sure how true that really is, but it made my interest pique when this recipe came along in my inbox. I subbed wheat/oat bran for the wheat germ and only used 1/2 cup of honey, but the results are pretty yummy. They’re filling, too, much more than they look.
- Layered Overnight Summer Salad from Modern Christian Woman. Pretty good. Dinners that I can make in advance always make me feel accomplished. As a main dish, the taste got a little boring by the end of a big serving, but, I’d probably try it again.
- Ravioli Cups from Tasty Thumb. Pretty good. They’re basically lasagna made from ravioli and baked in muffin tins. The only two things I didn’t like about it were the brand of ravioli I used — they were a little wider than my muffin tin cups, so I had to break the edges off, AND they had peppers in them — and it made a royal mess of my muffin tin. 12 little cups to clean out! But, it was something different and kinda fun.